The City of Oak Ridge is located in the eastern part of Tennessee, approximately 22 miles northwest of Knoxville. The city occupies a southern portion of Anderson County and an eastern portion of Roane County. Oak Ridge borders the Clinch River's navigable waterway for 42 miles along the shores of Watts Bar and Melton Hill lakes.
- Atlanta, GA - 210 Miles
- Cincinnati, OH - 248 Miles
- Birmingham, AL - 253 Miles
- Charlotte, NC - 254 Miles
- St. Louis, MO - 468 Miles
- Detroit, MI - 510 Miles
- Washington, DC - 511 Miles
- 40 (within 15 minutes)
- 75 (within 30 minutes)
There are also three rail systems and a barge shipping network, which provides direct access to the Great Lakes and Gulf of Mexico.
Oak Ridge Transit System
The Oak Ridge Transit System is a fixed-route transportation service for the City of Oak Ridge and is operated by East Tennessee Human Resource Agency (ETHRA).
- 100 vehicles on the road every day
- 16 East Tennessee counties served (Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, Sevier and Union. )
- 3 million miles clocked a year